PDA

View Full Version : jay z beef with ja rule

dazza
01-09-2005, 06:44 PM
i no this is old but ain't gonna search 4 the old topic but dermo u said they had no beef correct but it says on this website about the beef

Gotti and Ja took Jay's decision a couple of years ago to skip out on a full-length Ja/Jay/X LP as a slap in the face. Then, in April of this year, Hov pulled out of a Triple Threat Tour slated for June that would have included the Roc-A Fella, Bad Boy and Murder Inc. families. Though Jay initially explained he hoped to record over the summer, he changed his mind and joined the Sprite Liquid Mix tour in August. For Ja and Gotti, the Sprite tour was the last straw.
Ja two-wayed Jay to ask, "Why the backpack nlggas and not me, your nigga?" Ja found Hova's answer to be dis turbing. "[Jay-Z] said, 'I'ma tell you this one time, 'cause I feel I fucked up, but don't ever ask me my personal business again,"' Ja recounts in amazement. "At first, I took offense to it Well, Ja and Irv inverted it after that two-way conversation. Adopting an equally self-serving attitude that they hoped would catapult the Inc. to a place among Bad Boy and Death Row in the heights of hip-hop history, they brought forth a new piece to the center of the board: Jay Z's rival, Nas.

no songs were made but they had a problem with each other so how can u deny it

Dermo
01-09-2005, 06:59 PM
yeah it was never a serious beef they just werent on speaking terms and its not like they made it publicly known they hated each other and no tracks were made against the other.

tafadzwa
01-09-2005, 07:53 PM
the media jus makes up all this stuff, personally i dun even believe the two had beef even when ja did dat song wiv nas

R U L E
01-09-2005, 08:22 PM
Ja said something about it when he did that half hour interview thing on BET bout a year ago. About X and Jay z backing out on something. But he went on to say he still had love for Jay and would never hate him.

Lashay
01-09-2005, 09:18 PM
lol I don't think they ever really had beef if they did I don't think it was anything big. Ja was just on Jay Z fade to black tour when R kelly got kicked off.

rule101
01-10-2005, 08:57 PM
Yeah Ja and Jay performed 'Can I Get A...' after R.Kelly got kicked off. I saw some pictures of them shakin hands and shit after the song was over and givin each other love.