PDA

View Full Version : interesting................

irvin
12-28-2003, 07:28 PM
I was looking trough the Aftermath Record Label site and I found this article,its so sad that aftermath is doing bad.........thats waht they deserve,anyways Its interesting cause vita,ashanti and charli are mentioned.

THE REAL PROBLEM WITH AFTERMATH
(by Khrisdogg of Aftermathmusic.com)

With all the talent on Aftermath some on will always be neglected. Seems like its always the West Coast talent as King Tee, Dawn Robinson, H.I.T.T.M.A.N., Truth Hurts and a few others were a casualty. But in the past few months Tha Math has lost Rakim Allah and rumored to have lost producer, Mel Man and his protégé, Joe Beast. Something got to change ASAP. The real problem with Aftermath really is its not run like a real label.

Quick question whose VP of Aftermath? No one knows. Aftermath is a multimillion label and it still has no website, direct number or headquarters. Ask a cat whos in the biz whose VP of Shady and theyll say its Paul Rosenberg. Hell I think Sha Money XL is GM of G-Unit Records.

Eminem now looks like a better CEO than Dre and thats sad. 50 blew, D12 sold over a million, Obie will go platinum and now he wants Xzibit. Right now its like Aftermath is going through some troubling times and a MAJOR reorganization in needed and heres a few things Id like to speak on.

Aftermath needs to hire a REAL GM-Big Chuck or whoever doesnt cut it. Dre spend some money and hire a respectable person to run the label Cough Andre Harrell cough.

About the Mel Man/Joe Beast situation. If Mel Man is upset about Joe Beast not being released I got a message for you Mel Man. Joe is just like HITTMAN OK lyrics and no marketability. If you real believe in Joe Beast put him out on Drama Family and youll understand why he was pushed back. Beside Mel Man all the Shady & G-Unit acts have their own producers, so where would fit?

Now about the Rakim situation. Yeah I was upset when I heard Dre dropped the ball with him, but as much as I like Tha God Emcee on Tha Math hes at his best working with Preemo and Large Pro. Dre takes eight years to release LPs but when he does they are usually classics.

Truth Hurts got caught in the label politics thats all. If she didnt get the lawsuit I think shed still b on Aftermath.

Now that I spoke on Aftermaths past what about its future? IMO Dres gonna focus on the core 5 acts-himself, Em. 50,Cube and Eve. Those acts are guarantee sellers you dont need much developing as all 5 are platinum artists and all have own labels and crew, so Dre aint got to baby-sit them. So where does that leave Aftermath artists like The Game and Brooklyn??

The problem is theres no set-up for them because Aftermath isnt dropping records. Em uses his projects to showcase all his talent and is featured all over their shit thats why D12, 50 Cent and hopefully Obie Trice sold records. 50s success will b the reason G-Unit will do well. So who can set up The Game and Brooklyn?? 50 Cent and Xzibit. Brooklyn with her look and style would fit in G-Unit. She comes off cocky like G-Unit and imagine her on Hot 97 going at Vita, Ashanti or Chuck Bmore. Brookyln fits on any Aftermath sublabel!

Since many are saying that The Game is the future of the West put him on Open Bar Records. Since he aint got a buzz yet he can build it up doing songs with X, Tha Golden State Warriorz, Defari, King Tee, The Likwit Crew and DPG. That way when DeTox finally drops hell have a buzz to support a solo LP.

Be real, Aftermath just wants the big acts. Shady is for the undaground stuff, G Unit for 50's crew, and Open Bar as the Westcoast undaground label. Go with that, Jimmy Iovine only want the big acts (Dre, Em, 50, Cube and Eve) on Aftermath.

Think of it like Def Jam - no one but a real superstar is ever signed direct to Def Jam. They all are on satellite labels.

The truth in my opinion since Aftermath it self has no real staff they have to depend on Interscope, which has a very hard time breaking new rap artists especially the West Coast ones (Black Eye Peas 1st LP, Ms. Jade, 4th Avenue Jones, J5, Planet Asia.etc) and since Dre takes forever releasing more than 3-5 LPs a year aint gonna happen. Now for the young acts if you feel you want to skate to other labels we can respect that cause as soon as you leave Dre will sign an act like Busta Rhymes, No Doubt or another big name. Every big label had disgruntled artists-Bad Boy(Tha LOX),Cash Money(Juve and B.G.),Roc A Fella (Sauce Money),Ruffryders(Eve), No Limit (everyone not named Miller) and everyone hated Suge @ Death Row.Hopefully things will get better and artists wont jump ship, but to be honest I dont see it.

LATEST INFO:
We are going to assume that Mel Man has left Aftermath, because no one has spoken out to say that the rumor is false. Dre has not come forward to say that his right hand man Mel-Man is still down with him.

The Source article has been out for almost a month and no one has denied the article. Even in Stat Quo's interview, he said that Big Chuck was miss quoted when he said Stat was signing to Drama Family. But even Stat brought up the name of the label as if it already exsisted!

Also word on the streets is that Dre, Aftermath, Shady Records, & G-unit alledgely have problems with Mel-Man and his new label. According to word on the street, Dre claims to have been quoted saying that, "Mel Man wants to be the boss and bring in new acts and do his own thing with them! It was time for us to part ways"!

So we will assume that Mel Man has left Aftermath and the article in the Source has some truth to it! Unless someone comes forward saying that this is not true!

Damien
12-28-2003, 07:39 PM
Shit that is some serious nwes. I am happy! lol - Brooklyn, she has an appearance on "La Bella Mafia" by Lil Kim - fuck her! Anyone who disses Vita, Chuck, or Shani isn't accepted me! FUCK BROOKLYN! Fuck Aftermath! lol - that news article was like heaven lately!

Murder Inc 845
12-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Brooklyn is Not On La Bella Mafia. But Yea It's fucked up how shit is run over there. it's worse then murder inc. It's a shame all these talkents are wasted. Remember the Last Emporer? Well he finally Put out his cd.

Damien
12-28-2003, 08:04 PM
hmmm, well, there must be a song titled "Brooklyn" - isn't there? I might have been mixed up!

Dermo
12-29-2003, 10:14 AM
so basicly Dre doesnt give a fuck bout his artists is or his label is what this article is saying. Am i right?

ShadowsAngel
12-30-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by irvin
imagine her on Hot 97 going at Vita, Ashanti or Chuck Bmore.

Brooklyn aint got shit on Chuck. i heard her on many men remix and she aint as hot as they claimin she is

Damien
12-30-2003, 01:48 PM
You actually listened to a 50 Cent song! BITCH! lol - kidding, I understand you guys like 50 Cent's music, but not me! :))

Damien
12-30-2003, 01:50 PM
Just wanting to say, I did buy Get Rich or Die Tryin, long time ago. Want to know what I did with it? Well, I would never break a CD - because I may regret it some day - but, I put my 50 Cent CD in the Furnace Room! I leave him in there and don't expect to see it soon. punk ass mo fo he is

Dermo
12-30-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Black Child
Just wanting to say, I did buy Get Rich or Die Tryin, long time ago. Want to know what I did with it? Well, I would never break a CD - because I may regret it some day - but, I put my 50 Cent CD in the Furnace Room! I leave him in there and don't expect to see it soon. punk ass mo fo he is

well thats ur opinion im as much a fan of 50 as most other artists part from MI artists that is. But i doubt ill be buyin anymore of his albums ill just burn them off the net.

MurdaIncChick
12-30-2003, 02:55 PM
I bought 50's cd it's not that bad i should of downloaded it though... but i don't hate 50 he didn't do anything to me so why should I?

irvin
12-30-2003, 04:38 PM
you all right.50 cent is a good rapper and I must admit he maked bomb ass songs.I just think he shouldnt have diss Ja Rule and The Inc.Oh yeah.I heard tyhe Many Men remix and it features that chick brooklyn.In the end she shouts out "fuck murder inc" but Charli is defenetly better then her.

ShadowsAngel
12-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Black Child
You actually listened to a 50 Cent song! BITCH! lol - kidding, I understand you guys like 50 Cent's music, but not me! :))

only listenend to that song coz it had brooklyn in it. i got 50's album and i dont really think its that good. theres only a couple of songs worth listenin to