PDA

View Full Version : The fur flies over Ashanti's Cristmas Medley Video

estreetbully
12-24-2003, 09:12 PM
R&B sensation Ashanti has upset animal rights group People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) by wearing a mink coat in her new Christmas medley video.

The singer will be seen in a wintry snowscape in the video to promote her new album of festive songs - but PETA chiefs feel she went too far wearing the $15,000 Nija Furs coat on a day when the weather outside was far from frightful.

Even Ashanti admitted the look was a bit much on the set of the shoot in Los Angeles. She said, "It's a thousand degrees out, but in here it's a winter wonderland."

PETA spokesman Michael McGraw feels the singer should have turned down the chance to don a mink coat for the video.

He says, "It's so easy these days to have a look that kills without killing anything. Ashanti should know better.

"What's cheery about gassing, poisoning and anal electrocution? All are common methods of killing animals for their fur. From animals' backs to Ashanti's, there's a tremendous amount of suffering involved in the fur trade."

PETA bosses are now planning to send Ashanti a very special early Christmas gift - an undercover video, narrated by Pamela Anderson, that details the cruelty behind fur.

McGraw adds, "We hope it will warm her heart and she'll choose to give fur the cold shoulder."

Source : Fox News (http://www.fox23news.com/entertainment/music/story.aspx?content_id=0042D757-A3CF-49D2-85F3-9BF94DA37031)

D-Tox
12-24-2003, 11:09 PM
The PETA can kiss my ass lol, sounds like alot of bullshit. Wat about J.Lo in the film clip for that song she did with LL. All my love I think its called. I can't Remember wat shes wearing in that but im pretty sure its fur. Nuttin happened bout that.

IT SHITS ME HOW PEOPLE PICK ON FAMOUS PEOPLE JUST TO MAKE THEM LOOK BAD.

Dermo
12-25-2003, 10:32 AM
i think its fuckin stupid look at beyonce she used fur in he dangerously in love vid and wit her live performances its fuckin stupid.

Murder Inc 845
12-27-2003, 12:07 AM
Fuck those animal rights activists. THey got nothing 2 do. ashanti should public tell them to fuck off. They're Damn Near As Bad As femenists.