PDA

View Full Version : You Don't Know My Name

Damien
11-22-2003, 11:01 PM
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0000DD7NL.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I love the new single & video form Alicia Keys - "You Don't Know My Name" - the meaning of the song is great, the video is great, and the beat to teh song is wonderful!! I love it. But the video - my one and only negative is that her hair has got to go! The half braid half fro thing is not cool! But Alicia Keys is soo good!

Dermo
11-23-2003, 10:56 AM
dont like it sorry Ben it isnt that great.

Damien
11-23-2003, 02:11 PM
I knew you would say something like that Dermo. Well, have you seen the video? What do you think of her hair? (remember what I said)

Dermo
11-23-2003, 04:15 PM
yep iv seen d vid dont like it either(sorry again) she looks stupid wit her hair like that but not as bad as boyfreind(is that its called) vid.

Damien
11-23-2003, 08:57 PM
No it isn't "Boyfriend" it is "Girlfriend" i guess it is easy to mix up. Yes that hair is a disaster. She made an appearance on some talk show and her hair look crazy!!! I like her hair in Fallen, A Woman's Worth, not Girlfriend & You DOn't Know My Name - But I do think Alicia Keys is beautiful. Then again, opinons.

Murder Inc 845
11-24-2003, 11:55 PM
Alicia Keys Is Beutiful ANd That Song Is Her Best Song Yet... I Can't WWait For Her CD 2 Drop. IT's Been 2 Long SInce Keys In A Minor. I Love That CD

Damien
11-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Songs In A Minor is on my top 10 Cds! I love that album!!! Songs In A Minor is so creative and emotional. My girlfriend is going to buy that CD for me she said!! I can't wait to listen to the entire album this Christmas.

I don't know if I overheard something - but is she quitting music to be a waitress? I heard something on MTV2's "The Wrap" and I heard something about Alicia Keys saying that? Did she mean her video or for real?

Murder Inc 845
11-25-2003, 11:06 PM
WHat artist who's sold 10,000,000 Copies Worldwide (6 Million In America) Would quit 2 be a fuckin waitress???? She Is a waitress in her video tho.

ShadowsAngel
11-26-2003, 07:14 AM
if shes quiting to be a waitress then she must be crazy.

songs in a minor was alright. the start of the album was real good but the ending kinda bored me

Damien
11-26-2003, 05:21 PM
Well, Alicia Keys isn't R&B, she is soul! Do you get what I mean?

About the waitress thing though, I am not 100% sure, because I might have heard it wrong. When the wrap is on again (they often show re-runs) then I will make sure I heard it correctly. That is what I thought when I heard it too! Big name artist to quit at her height? I don't think its true but I might have heard right!

Dermo
11-26-2003, 06:32 PM
RnB and Soul are the same thing Mary is d Queen of RnB Soul and Shan is d Princess of RnB Soul.

Damien
11-26-2003, 10:05 PM
Well damnet R&B does have a difference. R&B is more pop and soul is more depth.

Dermo
11-27-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by btyjeski
Well damnet R&B does have a difference. R&B is more pop and soul is more depth.

explain u dont know what ur talkin bout.

Damien
11-28-2003, 12:25 AM
There is a difference between Soul & R&B, otherwise there wouldn't be two genres. Why artists are sometimes Soul & R&B because they are basically the same, and an artist has R&B and Soul songs on their cds.

The difference

R&B is more pop beats, with soft "soul" vocals (example, Foolish)
Soul is more smooth, romantic, soft vocals, calm, relaxing yet exciting beats (example, Baby)

(songs by Ashanti)

that is what I was getting to!

Dermo
11-28-2003, 12:24 PM
[quote]Originally posted by btyjeski
R&B is more pop beats, with soft "soul" vocals (example, Foolish)
[quote]
Foolish more pop beats u just lost the whole argument on that 1 sentence considering the beat from Foolish is from Biggie's 1 more chance which is one of d best hip hop songs ever!

Damien
11-28-2003, 12:45 PM
Oh yes I know. But as example. But I do agree, "One More Chance" - great song! The video has so many females in it!