PDA

View Full Version : Jas Upcomin Ep First Single

Murda4Life
09-03-2003, 12:01 AM
The official word coming from the Murder Inc. camp regarding Ja Rule's new EP is hush, as in hush-hush.

Almost everything is being kept under wraps, including guests, producers and even the title (see "Ja Rule To Release New Harder-Edged EP, LP; Will Launch Clothing Line"). However, the Incsters are letting two details out: first, the EP is now slated for this year, and second, a new Ja song called "The Crown," which has already hit the streets, is being looked at as a possible first single.

Ja begins "The Crown" with a sample from reggae artist Sizzla's vocals from "Solid as a Rock": "They can't keep a good man down/ Always keep a smile when they want me to frown/ ... They will never ever take my crown."

Rule then comes in to rap about his recent persecution over a strong piano backdrop. "I know y'all n---as is second-guessing the state I'm in/ Bitch, I'm into making hit records that spin like rims/ ... N---as need to get their money and stick to rappin' or end up like one of the Jacksons/ Be aware of your actions."

Ja later again addresses the government's money-laundering accusations against the Inc., rapping, "You know they can't keep a real n---a down, no/ Nowadays n---as can't even wash up/ It's fed-er-al."

As Ja plans his comeback, some of his compatriots are refusing to let old battles die (see "Ja, Em And 50 Are Hot On Radio, But Should Their Disses Be?"). Members of the Inc., including Black Child and Caddillac Tah, have joined forces with Benzino on a track called "G-Unit Killaz" that goes at Eminem and 50 Cent's G-Unit crew.

Dermo
09-03-2003, 01:45 PM
thats not really news, but some interesting info. U should of put down ur source but its all good i used to put info up without a source. But this is obvious its from MTV.com

murda_murda
09-03-2003, 06:17 PM
just heard "crown," its tight, i wanna know when the ep is coming out

k_kiss
09-03-2003, 09:24 PM
ive herd crown a while ago..n ya..tha song is tuff....but with this bein tha first single..if it is....den ppl will criticize ja..for havina reggae artist in his song..das juss wat i think...if he is plannin on makin a video for his first single..let it be a deep song..prolly featurin blackchild..or another MI artist.......das juss wat i think..

k_kiss
09-03-2003, 09:27 PM
i herd crown a while ago..n ya it is a tuff song...but if ja is plannin on makin a video for it..he shouldnt..cuz ppl will criticize him..for usin a reggae artist..in his song.....das juss wat i think......he should do sumfin even more gangster...a track wid black child would b good..to promote him a lil more...b4 his album comes out....

Damien
09-04-2003, 08:53 PM
I agree Black Child & Ja Rule do really good together. There voices together of Venni Vetti Vecci really show strength. I don't think Ja Rule would soung good with a raggae artist.

k_kiss
09-04-2003, 11:33 PM
well..he actually does sound good with tha reggae artist...its actually of of ja rules best songs to me....i juss think..he should put it on a mixtape album...not his EP..his EP...and he should also shoot a video for it.......

Damien
09-05-2003, 09:18 PM
Well I haven't heard the song, but if you guys will think it will turn out, well then, okay! Foxy Brown's "Oh Yeah" was raggae/rap and that is like her biggest hit! So, I will be looking out for his new video!!

k_kiss
09-05-2003, 09:51 PM
lol..same with me