PDA

View Full Version : Nate Dogg, Butch Cassidy & Chink Santana

Spoonie Luv
08-25-2003, 08:13 PM
at the end of the thread "fuck em" and1_baller asked me who was better out of nate & butch cassidy.
i thought this deserved a new thread so others can add thier opinions also.

depends on what kind of sound they want.
Nate & Cassidy both have similar vocals but Nate produces a deeper sound.

for example cassidy would not have been suitable for the next episode and nate wouldnt have been suitable for g'd up.

so which is better depends on the track. i dont see cassidys vocals doing well on anything other than straight gfunk but nate is more well rounded. nate can apply his vocals to more hardcore gangsta tracks such as lay low.

i think chink santana should be mentioned also. chink does mainly chorus stuff with murder inc in the same way nate and cassidy do thier stuff. the difference is that chink rhymes and produces aswell. chink is awesome is all 3 categories but his rhyming really stands out. i dont know why he doesnt rhyme more often becuase his style is really something.

ShadowsAngel
08-26-2003, 03:44 AM
tru. chink's verse in "its murda" was tha best verse in tha whole album

Damien
08-26-2003, 09:20 AM
I've never heard of butch, but I think Nate Dogg is cooler, because he is in Music videos, been around longer, u know, but I like Chink's voice betta~ 8)

Spoonie Luv
08-27-2003, 12:34 AM
if you have never heard of cassidy then how can you say nate is cooler or know nate has been around longer?

cassidy is dope, nate is dope.

but i dont think you know much at all about nate do you, except that he did a song with your homeboy 50cent.

Damien
08-27-2003, 10:40 AM
No Nate Dogg has been around longer than Chink Santana. Nate Dogg is on a lot of music, and he had some song from 1994 but I don't know what it is called. It is a shitty video though.

SOngs I know Nate Dogg is in off the top of my head

Area Codes - Ludacris ft. Nate Dogg
Bang Bang Bang - Black Child ft. Nate Dogg & Ja Rule

?

But there is a lot more, he released an album called something like, Music & Me or something?

Dermo
08-27-2003, 01:23 PM
I never heard of cassidy give me an example of 1 of his tracks. Nate i like his stuff he gets around. Chink i like his style of rapping but i dont like his production.

Damien
08-27-2003, 04:12 PM
Chink i like his style of rapping but i dont like his production.

I agree! :D

And1_Baller
08-28-2003, 01:17 AM
Nate Dogg is one of my fav artists and one who is truly off the hook and i thought i would drop some of my knowledge about him on you.
Nate has released three solo albums, G Funk classics vol 1 & 2 and his latest shit Music and Me. Nate has also featured on numerous tracks including Dr. Dre's "Next Episode", Warren G's "Regulate" and Snoop Dogg's "Lay Low" just to name a few. Just about every decent artist in the industry has done a track with Nate Dogg. Any thing he features on seems to be a hit, a bit like a male version of Ashanti. Jeski I think the song from 1994 you referred to was called "I got love" and I agree the video was fairly "shitty".

And1_Baller
08-28-2003, 01:24 AM
What about the west coast based vocalist Kokane? I think his shit is better than Chink Santana's. No disrespect, but spoonie luv you seem to be the only one who knows what there talking about, what do you think?

Damien
08-28-2003, 10:40 AM
Kokane? Does he get high a lot?? lol 8)

Thanks, that is the song, I went searching around 4 a while after I read that, so it is probably the song, the lyrics sound the same to what I remember watching on MTV Jams.

Spoonie Luv
08-29-2003, 12:36 AM
Nate has had more than 3 albums

G Funk Classic's Vol 1&2 was a double cd containing two albums "Ghetto Preacher" and "The Prodigal Son"
one of these was also available as a single album i think it was "Ghetto Preacher"

Another Nate album that people forget is "Nate Dogg & Friends" which i dont have but i have the others.

"I got love" is from "Music & Me" which is way newer than 1994 so there is no way that could be the song.

Nate Dogg has worked with:
Dr Dre
Snoop Dogg
Tha Eastsidaz
Xzibit
Eminem
Jermaine Dupri
Ludacris
Soopafly
Kokane
Butch Cassidy
Ja Rule
Mariah Carey
2Pac
Kurupt
Warren G
and of course 50cent
just to name a few. there are others names eluding me right now.

Butch Cassidy i dont know if he has any solo stuff released. I dont think i've heard him on any artists album other than Tha Eastsidaz. He works with DoggPound artists like Snoop etc.
Is Nate really on "Bang, Bang, Bang"? i know the singer sounds similar but i wont believe it unless i saw the cover or something.

Damien
08-29-2003, 10:13 AM
Okay okay, I was worried that might happen, I was bull shit!!! I just didn't feel like searching or anything so I lied, but I didn't lie about the Black Child topic and some other topic but I can't remember.

Anyway, that is a lot of songs that Nate Dogg worked with!!!!!

Dermo
08-29-2003, 02:34 PM
Is Bang Bang i think thats the song with Mobb Deep thats always played on MTV Base over here.

Damien
08-30-2003, 09:25 PM
Excuse me I am confused, do you mean

"Bang Bang Bang" Black Child ft. Nate Dogg & Ja Rule ??

Mobb Deep, I have only seen two videos on MTV Jams, one was with Lil Kim and the other one had some chick.

Spoonie Luv
08-31-2003, 08:34 AM
man, nate dogg aint on bang, bang, bang stop saying that shit.

Damien
08-31-2003, 10:20 AM
Wait I know that is right!

Did you even listen to "Bang Bang Bang" ??

I downloaded that song a while ago and it said Nate Dogg in the filename.

I thought it was Chink Santana, but I was wrong after I went towww.murderincrecords.com and you go to Black Child's media and freestyles and you see Nate Dogg there, at www.murderincrecords.com (http://www.murderincrecords.com) , I know I am right about Nate Dogg on there. It sounds just like him too!