PDA

View Full Version : Comparing Ashanti

Damien
08-24-2003, 04:29 PM
We always compare other stuff and other albums, but we haven't compaired Ashanti's two albums!!
We should get a conversation going on about this!

I am going to start with, first, which one is better?
I think they are both hot, Ashanti is more soul, and Chapter II is R&B, what are your opinons!?

Dermo
08-24-2003, 04:34 PM
They both completly different. "Ashanti" produced by Gotti and 7. She sings bout hartbreak, most of songs she signs in the same style not really different. Chapter II produced by Gotti and Chink Santana. She has grown up matured in a way, she signs of what she wants her guy to do. She signs of love on this album she experiments with her voice has the freedom to use her voice d way she wants to not what Gotti wants and in a way is better.

Damien
08-24-2003, 04:37 PM
I agree, you really said that in a good way, 10 points to Dermo!! lol :))

Yeah personally Chapter II is better, but it does depend which style of R&B you like better. Ashanti is a good soul album! Me gusta , i like, Chapter II much better! Yet, I really like "Baby" by Ashanti, and I think for me, only "Sweet Baby" beats that track, but that is for me!

I like "Baby" best on Ashanti, what do you like best on Ashanti?

Damien
08-24-2003, 04:45 PM
I think the Black Child skit on Chapter II didn't belong, it doesn't go with the album. I like the skit, but it doesn't follow.

Dermo
08-24-2003, 04:53 PM
On "Ashanti" BAby. On ChapII Stoy of 2. The black child skit is pointless all of them r its just a waste of space and 2 intros really stupid.

Rolfsma
08-24-2003, 04:55 PM
I think "Ashanti" is a slow smooth album,. "Chapter 2" is kinda more up tempo. I don't think one of the 2 albums is better then the other. It just depends on my mood which CD I want to listen. I really like "One Day" ft Chink, and also "Livin' My Life"

Rolfsma
08-24-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by Dermo
. The black child skit is pointless all of them r its just a waste of space and 2 intros really stupid.

I think the intro and outro if Chink Santan are really cool. I also like the skit of BlackChild, but it doesn't belong on this album. It just should be on his own album. But I think MI tries to put as much as possible artists that doesn't have an album on the albums of their best selling artists -> Ja and Ashanti. In that way the people can hear what other artists MI has signed and if the people like it, then MI can release a new album, coz they know the peepz will like it...

Damien
08-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Rolfsma, what track is "One Day" ??

Anyway, I like the point you said too!

Yes, I think the intro is good because it follows the first intro on Ashanti, but "Shany's World" and the outro are pointless, I don't like The Sugar Shack and Shany Shia skits either. But I do only like the "What They Gonna Say Now" skit, and only that one!

Dermo
08-24-2003, 05:02 PM
Shani's world is stupid she doesnt sing on it just does that stupid Mariah Carrey thing.

Rolfsma
08-24-2003, 05:09 PM
One Day = Then Ya Gone...

It really strange, I fogot the name of the song, so I went to the ashantimusic.net website and checked what the song name was. It was called "One Day". But now when you asked what song it was, I got my album from my room and now I see the song on the CD has another name... But it's the same song... They probally changed the name on the album and put tje old name on the website or something, coz the name "One Day" does refer to the song...

Dermo
08-24-2003, 05:12 PM
I never heard it being called one day Then Ya Gone is better i think.

Rolfsma
08-24-2003, 05:14 PM
But if you go to ashantimusic.net it's call "one day" in the trackliting of Chapter 2

Dermo
08-24-2003, 05:16 PM
ok.

Damien
08-24-2003, 07:10 PM
It sounds like there were a lot of unreleased, big
changes to the album, Chapter II. That is also
another video you guys mentioned, "Then Ya Gone"
would be a good video, I don't think so, but oh well!

Okay, back on two comparing, what lyrics are
better? We have to except the fact Chapter II is
more tracks, but, aren't their like the same number
of songs or something? I like the long skits on
Ashanti, but I do agree, Ashanti and Chapter II are
two different albums, way different!!! I think the
lyrics are more strong on Ashanti but on Chapter II
there are lyrics of all topics, which could be might not
be better.

Spoonie Luv
08-24-2003, 08:48 PM
dont knock the black child skit its awesome.
is a good track, its makes sure people dont get confused about the inc when listening to ashanti.
its lets them know where she stands. ashanti is always reppin murder and i expected something like this to be on her new album.

the purpose of it is to promote "soldier's story", black's forthcoming album.

ShadowsAngel
08-25-2003, 04:14 AM
two intros is pretty stupid but blackchild's spit was tight.

Damien
08-25-2003, 10:22 AM
Oh yeah I like the Black Child skit and yes it does help promote the album, but it doesn't flow with the album.

Going on, the best hit on Ashanti, and the best song on Chapter II,

I think Foolish did the best, but personally I like Baby the best, but overall, Foolish I believe is the best song and on Chapter II, well, what do you guys have to say!?

Dermo
08-25-2003, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Spoonie Luv
dont knock the black child skit its awesome.
is a good track, its makes sure people dont get confused about the inc when listening to ashanti.
its lets them know where she stands. ashanti is always reppin murder and i expected something like this to be on her new album.

the purpose of it is to promote "soldier's story", black's forthcoming album.

Its stupid cause for some stupid reason the album isnt parental advisory so half of the skit is dubbed out or what ever u call it.

Dermo
08-25-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by btyjeski

I think Foolish did the best, but personally I like Baby the best, but overall, Foolish I believe is the best song and on Chapter II, well, what do you guys have to say!?

Foolish is still her only no.1. Baby was d best song off "Ashanti" but ChapII come back to me in a few months when iv listened to it enough.

Spoonie Luv
08-25-2003, 09:04 PM
carry on is the best track on chapter 2.
rock wit u would have to be the second best.

foolish aint even the best on the self-titled album.
it more like rescue or scared

Damien
08-26-2003, 09:05 AM
I think that "Rock Wit U" is really a terrible song,
there is a good beat but no lyrics or anything. Most
people have told me that "Rescue" and "Scared"
were two of the most terrible songs on Ashanti but I
personaly think they are good!

Dermo
08-27-2003, 10:08 AM
I dont like Rock wit U it isnt a good song i skip it when i listen to d album, when i first heard it i didnt like it but it grew on me but its a weak track.

Damien
08-27-2003, 10:15 AM
Same Point Here Dermo 8)

Anyway, the style!?? Which style of the album is better? Ofcousre Chapter II has that neat great design and style, but I really like Ashanti I think better, the colors and over all better layout I think.

Also, who likes the fact that Chapter II is a poster? I don't, I hate it, and it's hard to read the album credits!

Dermo
08-27-2003, 10:20 AM
I dont like ChapII booklet cause its a poster and not a booklet the writeing is hard to read B but Ashanti looks more beautiful in ChapII cover then ashanti some1 sumed it up for me on the ashanti forum but i cant remember what they said.

Damien
08-27-2003, 10:31 AM
What i think looks unique, is that she looks really light, almost like a person that can be in a black crowd or a white crowd and look like she can fit in either on, and in CHapter II she is really dark!