PDA

View Full Version : Billboard trashes "Rain On Me" single...

Dermo
08-24-2003, 03:49 PM
This is billboard.com's review of Ashanti's latest single:

Mariah Carey, Whitney Houston and Celine Dion can't score a top 40 hit to save their livesall three have recently stiffed with signature, hitworthy singlesand yet Ashanti keeps cooking with one lame, loop-filled release after another? Alas. The second single from Ashanti's fast-selling "Chapter II" is a hook-heavy track that the village idiot could make into a hit, thanks solely to the memorable instrumental riff lifted from Burt Bacharach and Hal David's classic "The Look of Love." Beyond that, producers Irv Gotti and Chink Santana back "Rain on Me" with a hopelessly repetitive melody, showcasing a typically soulless, nearly monotone vocal from Ashanti. Certainly, studio wizardry will keep the Def Jam doll on topas the quality of the radio airwaves continues to spiral ever downward. Ashanti is as prepackaged as they come. Thank God she looks swell in a bikini.

Rolfsma
08-24-2003, 03:52 PM
Damn, that sucks... I dunno why but it lookes likes it's Murder Inc against the world. Everybody hates them, it really sucks...

Damien
08-24-2003, 03:53 PM
I want to make sure I read that right, Ashanti's hit "Rain on Me" isn't going anywhere, people aren't buying it? 8o

Rain on Me is great!!! :)) Irv Gotti is ruining Ashanti too!!!

Damien
08-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Murder Inc is failing because all they use is one, will two artists and they don't focus on other artists they have. If they released that Vita album Murder Inc would be a lot better, but that is stuff we all know.

Dermo
08-24-2003, 04:00 PM
well i agree with the review it isnt good enough to b a single as i said in d beginning.

Damien
08-24-2003, 04:12 PM
Okay, I have heard you guys said "Break Up 2 Make Up" , "I Found Lovin" & "The Story of 2" would be good hits, will, I think

"I Found Lovin"
"Sweet Baby"

would be good hits, I think these would do really good.

ShadowsAngel
08-25-2003, 03:40 AM
rain on me was one of tha shittest songs on tha album . . . . .

Damien
08-25-2003, 10:16 AM
I like "Rain on Me" but yes the video wasn't a good song to make a video for! It doesn't suprise me it isn't going anywhere!

MurdaIncChick
08-25-2003, 11:41 AM
I know I thought there were alot better songs on the album but rain on me is ok i guess

Damien
08-25-2003, 12:35 PM
I like the lyrics to Rain on Me.

Dermo
08-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by ShadowsAngel

its not that bad.

Dermo
08-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by btyjeski
I like "Rain on Me" but yes the video wasn't a good song to make a video for! It doesn't suprise me it isn't going anywhere!

what isnt going anywere? do u mean the single it hasnt been sent to stations yet.

MurdaIncChick
08-25-2003, 04:56 PM
^^Yeah and the video isn't even out yet

ShadowsAngel
08-26-2003, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Dermo

Originally posted by ShadowsAngel

its not that bad.

to me it is

Damien
08-26-2003, 09:00 AM
I agree, Rain on Me isn't that bad, but I don't listen to the radio at all but my little sister, that is all she listens to and so far she has only heard "Rain on Me" twice and she will hear "Rock Wit U" like 3 times a day still.