PDA

View Full Version : Which Coast?

Damien
08-02-2003, 12:48 PM
Which American coast do you guys think is better fo rap. East Coast or West. I feeling East Coast more,
mostly because Murder Inc is their, and Ll Cool J and DMX, my other two favorites, are East Coast. Jay Z is
also East. I don't like the Dirty South. Ludacris, Shawna, Lil Flip, Young Bloodz, Twista, Thug Daddy, I
just don't care for them. West coast is okay, Snoop Dogg is good, but it seems Dr. Dre moved to East
Coast, so, I don't know bout that. Midwest, Chingy and Nelly, St. Lunatics, their hot, but not much
attraction.

Dermo
08-02-2003, 05:14 PM
I dont really see the diff anymore its like it used to be with east and west like enemies now they all just use who ever from where ever. Look at MI and Tha Row they are like joined 2gether praticly cause their artists are on MI records and Ja is doing his album with them. Plus Gotti and Suge say one day they will set up a label 2gether.

Damien
08-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Oh well, that's cool. I know rap has joined together, but, just curious. In CD stores they still mention, East Coast Rap and West Coast Rap etc, yet in normal stores, like Wal Mart and Shopko, it's just rap. I am feelin what you are saying!

holla_dolla18
08-02-2003, 09:26 PM
west coast and east coast rap are really different. most commercial
mc's come from east coast and hardcore mc's come from west. im
feelin both coasts but the dirty south. noway! but ludacris is alright

And1_Baller
08-21-2003, 08:50 PM
no disrespect to holla_dolla but to say that commercial mc's come from the east coast is some bullshit! True, New York has produced some very commercial MC's namely P.Diddy but also some of the most uncommercial rappers also reside on the east coast including Nas, KRS 1 and Mobb Deep. I'd have to say that KRS 1 is the most uncommercial rapper there is.

ShadowsAngel
08-21-2003, 11:23 PM
she did say most commercial mcs