PDA

View Full Version : First Book

11-08-2002, 05:00 PM
Posted Nov. 7, 2002 -- Ashanti is a modern day every woman when it comes to relationships. She knows that in matters of the heart, things could go down either way -- as is evidenced through her songs "Foolish" and "Unfoolish" on her self-titled debut album. Sometimes you take him back when you know you shouldn't and other times you are strong enough to let him go.

The 21-year-old top selling artist follows up her hit songs with her new book, "Foolish/Unfoolish: Reflections on Love" (Hyperion, Nov. 13, 2002, $16.95). Ashanti, in her own words, delivers a personal collection of poems and journal entries along with the heartfelt stories behind them and pictures of the star are throughout it.

Fans who are feeling her lyrics, will probably feel like this Hip hop/R&B sensation's stories and advice is speaking right to them -- and that is just what she is hoping for. We sat down with Ashanti when she recently filmed a public service announcement, directed by Rosie Perez, for World AIDS Day. Here's what she had to say about her new book:

BET.com: What do you want young people to come away with after reading your new book?

Ashanti: It's really personal and it shares a lot of experiences that I've gone through that inspired me to make my records. Since so many people relate to the records on my album, I expressed the same stuff in my book. I'm not a love doctor or anything but I also try to give a little advice. It's a real intimate look into who I am.

BET.com: At what point did you go from being foolish and in love to being unfoolish in love?

A: As a person I've always been unfoolish. We do certain things when we're in love or when we really, really like someone. I guess it just comes out in your emotions but as you grow and mature and you learn what to accept and what not to accept and how much you're willing to sacrifice for that other person. At that point it's up to you on whether you want to be foolish or not.

You are shooting this PSA for World AIDS day and speaking out to young people about the disease. Do you talk about AIDS in your new book?

No, I didn't really touch on AIDS in my book. It's mostly poetry and things that have happened to me. Certain situations I was faced with. Stuff like having a boyfriend who's with other girls. I didn't get a chance to touch on AIDS though.

source.bet.com

Gotti Jr.
12-09-2002, 03:47 PM
'shanti holdin it down with this book. Moving from music to books isn't always a smooth transition, but the Princess pulls it off with ease...this book is good reading and who couldn't use a little more 'shanni in their life? Holla y'all!

12-10-2002, 08:38 AM
have you wrote it?

Master P
12-23-2002, 07:16 PM
Ashanti Be Putting It Down And I Hope Her Style Don't Go Beyounce Or Destiny Child I Hope She Keep Her Music To Compete For Grammy's In The Catagory Of Ja Rule And Nas.

playgurl_120
01-23-2003, 03:20 PM
Hey peeps! well I thynk dat Ashanti is hella tyght and dat she will make is real far cuz she got it and is a great rapper/singer all together!

Kain
01-25-2003, 05:23 AM
Have any one read the book?

Dermo
03-02-2003, 04:07 PM
its a brilliant book read it alot

Tupacfan#1
03-03-2003, 06:36 PM
hmmmm,..... haven't read it. mite buy it tho :)

Dermo
04-11-2003, 04:20 PM
its a brilliant book ive read so many times and got it on cd her voice is just so lovely

NotoriousWIG
05-11-2003, 11:24 AM
hey all jus askin if i can pick up dis book in d uk yet or can i orda it off d net?.....i didnt no she ad a book out so im guessin it aint out ere?!!! cheers all

Ashley
05-11-2003, 11:40 AM
Hmm, I might actually go check up at Barnes and Nobles book store to see if they got the book there, it's something I wouldn't mind reading. I have lotsa love for Ashanti, she use to be one of my biggest idols, for some reason its kinda fadin though.. I needa catch up on stuff about her. She's a great person and quite the pretty one too.

Lotsa Love Yall

By the way NotoriousWig, Im positive they have the books out in UK. Murda inc is pretty big over there overall besides the U.S. so you guyz are gettin a lotta the same things we are too.